Everyday Evidence

Currently: learning how to be a nurse in about 20 months, despite having an English and history major and no health care experience. Hoo boy. Formerly: a virtual collection of lists, titles, documents, observations, secrets, memories and miscellaneous ephemera to prove I was here. And that you were too.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Day That I Got My First New York Library Postcard Back
For several years now, I've been enamored with the idea of putting a stamped, self-addressed (but anonymous) postcard in a library book, along with a dollar bill. The idea is that someone will find the dollar, be happy, and write to me about their discovery. I have meant to do this in Chicago and Maine (the last two places I lived) but never quite got around to it. But I did it last Wednesday at the Brooklyn Public Library, and got my first postcard today. It said,
It was kinda funny how i found this, I was looking for Love Medicine by Erdrich and this was next to it and boom. I found this thanks for the dollar I needed it badly to get something to eat thanks write me back, this is a real cool idea u got here i wanna know what made u think of this
And then there's the return address. I feel a little bad for not writing back, but that's not how this works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home