Everyday Evidence

Currently: learning how to be a nurse in about 20 months, despite having an English and history major and no health care experience. Hoo boy. Formerly: a virtual collection of lists, titles, documents, observations, secrets, memories and miscellaneous ephemera to prove I was here. And that you were too.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Day That I Decided To See How Long I Could Stare At A Stranger Without Being Noticed
He was reading The Elements of Style, which I thought was funny, because when do you ever see someone reading that for fun? So I stared. He made funny faces. He flipped around in the book a lot. He frowned and looked surprised. He seemed to take it all very seriously. I counted to 60 and then just kept staring without counting. I'd guess I made it to at least a minute and a half. I always think that I need to be subtle with my observing of people, but I probably don't. We're all so oblivious. I think I'm the opposite. Frequently when I'm in public, I'm either convinced someone is watching me, or I'm pretending that someone is watching me. I don't know why exactly, except that it gives me a different way to see myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Andersen said...

This and two other posts just popped up on my RSS for some reason, and I'm trying not to interpret that as a sign that more evidence is on the way.

This is, as someone once said of Daisy Chain, a Really Great Idea. But it'll always be a great picture of a moment, too.

/sap.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home